Virginia Dumb Laws
Below is a list of real funny, silly, stupid, and dumb laws in Virginia
- In Norfolk, In virginia, it is illegal to tie, or park, a horse or mule outside a bar after closing times. Source: History teacher
- If any person arrived at the age of discretion profanely curse or swear or get drunk in public, he shall be fined by a justice one dollar for each offense Source: §61-8-15. Profane swearing and drunkenness; penalty.
- It is illegal to taunt someone for not accepting a challenge for a duel. Actual: If any person post another, or in writing or in print use any reproachful or contemptuous language to or concerning another, for not fighting a duel, or for not sending or accepting a challenge, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, shall be confined in jail not more than six months, or fined not exceeding one hundred dollars. Source: §61-2-24. Taunting for nonparticipation in duel; penalty.
- State code deems it unlawful for any person to have in his possession or to display any red or black flag. Source: West Virginia Code 61-1-6 Link
- it is still in the books that if you steal another mans horse the owner has the legal right to hang the accused from the nearest tree Source: STATE LAW BOOK