Real Funny Dumb Laws in the United States
Below is a list of real funny, silly, stupid, and dumb laws in the United States
- In some states, including California, Florida, Nevada, Alaska and Hawaii a motorist can be cited for driving too slowly. Link
- In counties having populations of not less than 56,500 nor more than 59,000, according to the 1970 or any subsequent federal decennial census, domino games shall be lawful in billiard rooms or other rooms in which billiard tables are located. Source: Alabama Criminal Code Section 34-6-12 Link
- A United States Federal law states one can be fine upto $1,000,000 for pertaking in the act of Genocide. Source: US Code TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 50A > § 1091 Link
- A United States federal law makes it illegal to issue a fake Weather Bureau forecast. Source: 18 U.S.C. § 2074) Link
- State code allows only 5 minutes for one to vote. Source: Section 17-9-13 of Alabama Code Link
- Arkansas drive-in aren't very convenient thanks to this law... No person shall drive a motor vehicle onto the premises of a drive-in restaurant and leave the premises without parking such motor vehicle, unless there is no unoccupied parking space available on the premises. Source: Code 1961, §§ 25-156–25-158
- Sec. 18-54. Sounding of horns at sandwich shops. No person shall sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 p.m. Source: Code 1961, § 25-74
- a man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
a law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.
alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.
the arkansas river can rise no higher than to the main st Source: http://www.ahajokes.com/laws00
- In Walnut, No person shall wear a mask or disguise on a public street without a permit from the sheriff. Source: 17-32 Mask or disguise--Wearing.
- In Walnut, It shall be unlawful for any person to fly, above an altitude of ten feet above the ground, or near any electrical conductive public utility wires or facilities, any kite or balloon which has a body or any parts, tail, string or ribbon Source: 17-1 Kite flying restricted
- In Ottawa, It is illegal to have any sort of blue light on a non-authorized vehicle. Blue lights of any kind on a vehicle is grounds for arrest. (Blue headlights, blue underglow neon, etc.) Source: The News Channel
- Colorado Water laws prohibit the use of rain barrels or any methods to catch rain for use. They claim the rain has already been legally allocated to the state and individual may not capture and use water to which he/she does not have a right.
New Laws passed in June 2009 eradicate this law. Link
- No hanky panky allowed in Connecticut..
A person who commits any unnatural and lascivious act with another person commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. It is illegal for unmarried couples to commit lewd acts and live together Source: 775.082 or s. 775.083
- In Atlanta, There is a law in atlanta that states you cannot let your pubic hair grow pass 6 inches. Source: nat
- In Honolulu, in honolulu, hawaii it is illegal to sing loudly outside after sunset. Source: National Kid's Geographics
- In Idaho Falls, it is illegal to ride a motorcycle if you are a 90 year old man. Source: Z103
- anyone under the age of 18 can get a gun permit with their parent or guardian's consent - even an infant!!! Source: news
- In Crown Point, Its illegal to carry a dog in your purse if you have shoes on while walking across grass. Source: www.cvc.tut.org
- In Indianapolis, No horse shall be driven or ridden on any street in the city at a speed in excess of ten (10) miles per hour. Source: Code 1975, § 29-5 Link
- It is illegal in kansas to fish bare-handed Source: kansas law book
- A female shall not appear in a bathing suit on any highway within this state. section 1376m-1, 1376m-2 Repealed: January 1, 1975
- In Louisville, It is against the law to walk down a louisville street, public or private, with an ice cream cone in your back pocket. Source: teacher
- In Mansfield, Anyone caught wearing sagging pants that expose underwear will be subject to a fine of up to $150 plus court costs – or face up to 15 days in jail. A court later overturned the law, declaring it unconstitutional.
- In New Orleans, Fire Code outlaws the cursing of firefighters while they are in the performance of thier duties. Source: Sec. 74-2 Link
- It's still illegal thoough not enforced for a woman to get her hair cut without her husbands permission. I guess they havn't heard there's equality now! Source: web
- In Grand haven, in some places in grand haven it is illegal to keep your garage door open for more than 3 hours Source: electricity
- Many municipalities in Minnesota (including Anoka County) still have a Vagrancy law on the books that makes it misdemeanor for a person, with ability to work, who is without lawful means of support, and does not seek employment, and is not under 18 years of age. Link
- In Backus, After dark you must have a head light on a bicicle to cross the road or else your bike is impounded Source: the cop
- In Shakopee, It is against the law to bulldoze one's house when 5 or more cats occupy the ventilation systems as their home. Source: Brain
- A state law prohibits the seduction of a female over the age of eighteen by promised or pretended marriage. Source: § 97-29-55. Codes, 1892, § 1298;
- In Jackson, it is a gainst the law to have wire cutters in the glove box of your vehicle but you can have them in the back due to cattle rustlers Source: internet
- In Blue springs, you have to be 8 years old or 80 pounds to not have a car seat. Source: car seat
- If you are in a covered wagon and there are three or more Native Americans around your wagon, you have the right to kill them. Source: Internet
- In Reno, It is unlawful for any person to carry on, conduct or maintain any marathon dancing or marathon walking Source: Code 1966, § 11.12.130
- In Bergen County, Blue laws still in effect. The only retail outlets permitted to be open on Sundays are grocery stores and liquor stores. Link
- State officials ordered 400 words of “sexually explicit material” to be cut from Romeo and Juliet. Source: http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/new-mexico
- In Conada, The serving of colored oleomargarine or margarine at a public eating place as a substitute for table butter is prohibited unless it is ordered by the customer. Source: 97.18(4) Source: Source: 97.18(4)
- In New York, Fireman-EMS are only allowed to display only one blue or Green light responding to an emergency, but a tow truck can have as many amber/yellow lights on there vehicle to show caution Source: NYS Vehicle & Traffic
- In New York, in new york, murder is illegal Source: internet
- In New York City, You cannot honk your horn and if you do you have to pay a $350 fine. (I went to NYC and saw this on a sign myself) Source: http://nyc2dailyphoto.blogspot.com/2007/05/dont-honk-350-penalty.html
- In New York City, it is illegal to do a puppet show in a window Source: TV
New York City
- It is illegal to have permit dancing in an establishment that sells food without a cabaret license. Link
- It is illegal to hold more than two sessions of bingo per week, and those sessions may not exceed 5 hours each session. Source: § 14-309.8. Link
- 1) the mere possession of a lottery ticket is illegal in north carolina and may result in a $2,000 fine
2) no one may be a professional fortune teller, and if one wishes to pursue the practice as an amateur, it must be practiced in a school or church
3) Source: Internet - many sites
- It is illegal to fish for whales on Sundays. Source: http://www.delawareohrealestate.com/2006/12/07/dont-fish-for-whales-on-sunday-and-other-strange-ohio-laws/
- In Dayton, a few years ago, there was a law that stated homeless people in dayton must apply for and carry a license to beg on the street. Source: I used to live here!
- In Tolido, It is illegal to hold a piece of cheese in your hand while talking to the opposite sex. Source: dumb.com
- In Wilmington, You are forced to go to school for truancy matters yet they pull you out of school to go to court multiple times...!!! Source: experience
- In Youngstown, You may not run out of gas. Source: Youngstown City Ordinances, Section 331.44 Link
- It Is Illegal To Have A sleeping Donkey In Your Bathtub After 7pm
- In Anywhere in Oklahoma, In Oklahoma it is illegal to take a bite out of a persons hamburger without permission first. Source: Oklahomw\a
- In Tulsa, You must sleep 10 hours before you fly 2 planes in 1 day Source: Book of laws
- In Grants Pass, it is illegal to pump your own gas, if you do you will be given a 1,000 dollar ticket. Source: google
- It is illegal to have over 16 women live in the same house together because that constitutes a brothel... However up to 120 men can live together with out breaking the law. Source: Silly Laws Website
- While driving an automobile on country roads at night driver must send up a rocket into the air every mile and wait ten minutes for the roa to clear. Source: Silly Laws Website
- In Lansdale, not allowed to have sex in your car on school property. a $500 dollar fine will be given. Source: my school
- There's no place for fun... It is unlawful for a minor under the age of eighteen to play a pinball machine. Source: 20-7-8915
- In Abbeville, In Abbeville, SC it is illegal to spit in the town square. Source: a friend
- In Greenville, If you get in your car and put it in drive without a seatbelt on, whether the vehicle is moving or not, you get an automatic $25 fine. Source: tried it
- It is unlawful for any person to import, possess, or cause to be imported into this state any type of live skunk, or to sell, barter, exchange or otherwise transfer any live skunk, except that the prohibitions of this section shall not apply to bona fide zoological parks and research institutions. Source: 70-4-208. Unlawful importation of skunks - Penalty.
- You must beleive in god to be elected into office. You also are not permitted into office if you were in contendant in a duel. Source: Tennessee Constitution - Article IX Link
- In Midway, It is illegal to wear socks with sandals...also men isnt aloud to waer sandals or there considered faggets!!! If they get caught it is 10 days in jail and they dont get soap on a rope.. Source: a book
- In McAllen, These are Mcallen school rules. In McAllen, Texas, it is illegal for students to not have their shirts tucked in, it is illegal to not wear a belt, it is illegal to wear a skirt when you are passed 8th grade, it is illegal to wear a skirt that is shorter than 3 inches above the knee, or if the skirt has a pleat, the pleat cannot be shorter than 3 inches above the knee, it is illegal to wear a belt with designs on it, it is illegal to wear shoelaces with designs, or non-matching colors compared to the shoe, it is illegal to wear torn clothing, it is illegal to wear a metal belt, or a belt with a buckle larger than a credit card, it is illegal to slap someones ass, it is illegal to hug someone, it is illegal to kiss someone, it is illegal to hit someone, it is illegal to hold hands with someone, it is illegal to wear sandals without a strap to secure it in the back, it is illegal to hurt someone, it is illegal to wear spaghetti strap shirts, in soccer, it is illegal to throw a ball in when you pick up your leg, or when you do not throw it over your head, it is illegal to wear your jacket zipped up. But everyone breakes these rules anyway and sometimes the teachers care haha. Source: McAllen Schools
- In Kaysville, it is illegal to donate a neuclear weapon. you can own one, you just cant donate one Source: internet
- In Montpelier, No law was violated when 42 cyclists rode through Vermont's capital naked on May 14, 2009.
The Barre-Montpelier Times Argus reported that Vermont has no ban on public nudity. Disrobing in public is a crime, but the cyclists disrobed before venturing out and would not be charged. Source: http://www.wptz.com/news/19749434/detail.html
- In Norfolk, In virginia, it is illegal to tie, or park, a horse or mule outside a bar after closing times. Source: History teacher
- In Hoquiam, in hoquiam, washington, it is illegal to tip the waitress / waiter more then 15% of the total price of the bill. Source: Readers Digest
- If any person arrived at the age of discretion profanely curse or swear or get drunk in public, he shall be fined by a justice one dollar for each offense Source: §61-8-15. Profane swearing and drunkenness; penalty.
- It is illegal to taunt someone for not accepting a challenge for a duel. Actual: If any person post another, or in writing or in print use any reproachful or contemptuous language to or concerning another, for not fighting a duel, or for not sending or accepting a challenge, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, shall be confined in jail not more than six months, or fined not exceeding one hundred dollars. Source: §61-2-24. Taunting for nonparticipation in duel; penalty.
- State code deems it unlawful for any person to have in his possession or to display any red or black flag. Source: West Virginia Code 61-1-6 Link
- it is still in the books that if you steal another mans horse the owner has the legal right to hang the accused from the nearest tree Source: STATE LAW BOOK
- The serving of colored oleomargarine or margarine at a public eating place as a substitute for table butter is prohibited unless it is ordered by the customer. Source: 97.18(4)
- In Sun Prairie, No rider of a bicycle shall remove both hands from the handlebars or practice any trick or fancy riding in any street in the city nor shall any bicycle rider carry or ride any other person so that two persons are on the bicycle at one time, unless a seat is provided for a second person. Source: Section 10.32.020 Manner of operation restricted.
- In Wauwatosa, No person shall spit... upon the floor or stairways of any public hall or building or upon the floor ...or upon any sidewalk abutting on any public street or alley of said city.
- in the state of whyoming it is unlawfull to own an albino monkey due to unshure identification of a caucasion male. Source: law coads