New York Dumb Laws
Below is a list of real funny, silly, stupid, and dumb laws in New York
- It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.
- A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.
- A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
- In Carmel, A man cannot be seen in public while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
- In Conada, The serving of colored oleomargarine or margarine at a public eating place as a substitute for table butter is prohibited unless it is ordered by the customer. Source: 97.18(4) Source: Source: 97.18(4)
- In Greene, During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
- In New York, Fireman-EMS are only allowed to display only one blue or Green light responding to an emergency, but a tow truck can have as many amber/yellow lights on there vehicle to show caution Source: NYS Vehicle & Traffic
- In New York, in new york, murder is illegal Source: internet
- In New York City, You cannot honk your horn and if you do you have to pay a $350 fine. (I went to NYC and saw this on a sign myself) Source: http://nyc2dailyphoto.blogspot.com/2007/05/dont-honk-350-penalty.html
- In New York City, it is illegal to do a puppet show in a window Source: TV
- In Ocean City, It is illegal to eat in the street in residential neighborhoods, and the only beverage you can drink on the beach is water in a clear plastic bottle.
- In Ocean City, It is illegal for men to go topless in the center of town.
- In Staten Island, You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.
- In Staten Island, It is illegal for a father to call his son a "faggot" or "queer" in an effort to curb "girlie behavior."
New York City
- You may not smoke within 100 feet of the entrance to a public building.
- Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
- It is illegal to have permit dancing in an establishment that sells food without a cabaret license. Link
- It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing "body hugging clothing."
- Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".